FAMILY PRACTITIONER TRAINING
Tara Blasco Ph.D. and Mary Jackson Midwife
Please join us for the second offering of post-graduate Family Practitioner Training open to graduates and almost graduates of a
Castellino Foundation Training in the US and Europe as well as other Foundation Trainings based on the Castellino model.
Tara and Mary designed with Ray in 2019 a comprehensive training that continues to be facilitated by Mary and Tara and will focus on supporting you to move through your next growth steps for developing your Castellino Family Practitioner skills. We will focus on the skills you need to support deepening the quality of relationships within the families that you work with and to train parents to be with their children in the Blueprint field.
PREREQUISITE: Graduates and trainees that have almost graduated from Castellino Foundation Training and equivalent trainings.
INTENTION: To support graduates to build and ground their Family Practitioner skills and be able to set up a BEBA style clinical setting in their hometowns.
FORMAT: Two 4-day modules. Mary and Tara will be teaching via zoom.
*November 1-5, 2023 (with November 3 dedicated to pod sessions)
*October 26-30, 2024 (with Oct 28 dedicated to pod sessions)
- US Pacific time (1st session 9-11 am); (11am-12pm break); (2nd session 12-2pm)
- Spain: (17 to 19 1st session) (19-20 break); (20-22 second session)
This is 8 hours difference between Pacific Time and Spain time because of the different days that the 2 countries change from Daylight Saving to Regular Time.
Participants in Europe/Spain are encouraged to meet in person at el Casal (Barcelona Province) to participate in the zoom sessions together. During their free time in the mornings/early afternoons they are asked to practice in exercises and sessions with each other as well as have a practice session day on the 3rd day of the module.
Participants in the US are encouraged to meet in person as well, as peers, wherever they want to do so, maybe in small pods in different areas. They are asked to practice exercises and sessions in the afternoons as well as have a practice session day on the 3rd day of the module.8 monthly 3-hour online meetings BETWEEN the two modules, one Thursday a month (once will be a Friday, when that is the case it is indicated): between 10:00 am – 1 pm Pacific time and 19-22 h Spain time. These will be recordings available to participants who are not able to attend every online call. Dates for online calls:
- 2023: December 7
- 2024: Jan, 19 (Friday) , Feb 22, March 21, April 18, May 16, June 27, July 25 (break August, September, October)
8 monthly 3 to 3.5 hour online meetings AFTER the 2nd module, providing students an opportunity for supervision for their work with families. One Thursday a month (a couple of times will be a Friday, and if that is the case it is indicated): between 10:00 am – 1 pm (or 1:30 pm as needed) Pacific time and 19-22 (or 22:30 if needed) Spain time. These recordings will be available to participants who are not able to attend each online call. Dates for online calls:
- 2024: November 22 (Friday), December 19
- 2025: Jan 23, Feb 28 (Friday), April 17, May 22, June 19, July 24
Contact for these is Sandra Castellino to sign up in the US. email@example.com
Phone: 805 687-2897
Contact for graduates in Europe/Spain is Olga Molina at:
Phone: +34 629 636 948
During the TWO modules we will share with you the entirety of the BEBA Clinical process, Including:
- How to set up a Family Clinic.
- Set up peer support teams.
- Tour of the BEBA Clinic.
- How to progress through all of the steps for sessions with families with babies and children of different ages.
- We will look at videos of family sessions facilitated by Mary, Ray and Tara from a practitioner point of view and share with you our decision making processes during the sessions.
- Content presentations on family practice
The online sessions will continue to further present practice topics like: Working with families with sleep issues, sibling rivalry, twins, IVF, integrating new siblings into the family, processing traumatic births, blended families and more.
In the zoom sessions after module 2 we will ask you to prepare clips from sessions that you facilitated, and present a clip to receive supervision and feedback support about the session. Presenting a clip of your own work is a requisite for graduation.
Online sessions will include:
- Content presentations on family practice
- Supervision sessions
- Session analysis as described above.
SKILLS OUTLINE that we will cover in the Family Practitioner Training in both in person modules and online session:
- How to set up BEBA Style child/baby centered family clinic.
- How to manage the flow of sessions from taking in new clients, session preparation and review (pre-briefing), doing the sessions through and including post briefs and taking session notes. We will give examples and share with you how to work with parents on the phone or zoom.
- How to establish intentions with parents on the phone/zoom and and how to learn the intentions of the children.
- How to facilitate parent pre and post session phone/zoom calls.
- Know how to facilitate parents and kids so you are able to model for the parents, then gradually include parents into the session play so that parents are learning BEBA parenting skills during the sessions.
- How to communicate the principles to the parents.
- How to introduce family work and evening parenting talks. How to facilitate parent and community presentations.
- How to work in teams.
- How to be able to video tape and use footage for teaching, for parents, themselves and future teaching.
- How to drop into the co-regulated slow rhythms, titrate a family system into co-regulated resonant social energy fields.
- How to support parents to differentiate their own histories from their children’s histories.
- How to empower dads and or partners into supportive connections with mothers and babies.
- How to support parents to be cooperative even when they disagree with each other, to get on the same side of the fence with each other.
- How to reduce and eliminate power struggles within family systems.
- How to work with families that are separating.
- How to effectively use your own counter transferences in sessions so you can perceive with greater depth what is happening in a family system.
- How to support parents to be with their own feelings in ways that deepen their understanding and connection with each other and with their children.
- How to support optimal bonding and attachment in families.
- How to do “supported attachment” with new babies and moms.
- How to establish optimal nursing patterns with babies and moms.
- How to support families experiencing sibling rivalry, tantrums, challenging emotions, sleep challenges, previous abortions attempts, parent fears, etc.
- How to help parents with parenting skills and playing skills.
- How to use Craniosacral skills in the space to invite slower rhythms and use hands on when needed.
(1) Complete requirements to graduate from a Foundation Training (this is needed to graduate, not to start)
(2) Attend all sessions or make up the sessions by watching the zoom videos plus doing any exercises you missed with peers or assistants and submitting a write-up about your learning.
(3) Present a video of your work with families in the supervision format.
(4) Complete payment for the Family Practitioner Training as well as the Foundation Training
2,990 euros (2,965 euros if you pay the deposit before July 31, 2023)
550 euros deposit (525 euros if you pay the deposit before July 31st, 2023)
560 euros each module (total of two modules) to be paid at least two weeks before the starting of the module (total over two years of 1,120 euros)
660 euros each year for 8 online zoom sessions to be paid before the first zoom session (total over two year of 1,320 euros)
If you are interested in participating in the training and/or have questions, please get in tarablasco(at)gmail.com
If you would like to sign up and discuss logistic details please get in touch with Olga Molina, our current administrator at:
Mary Jackson, RN, LM, RCST
Mary Jackson has been married since 1987, is the mother of 2 children who were born at home. Mary has been a home birth Midwife since 1975. She is an approved Castellino Process Workshop facilitator and co-teaches the Castellino Pre and Perinatal Training. She is a frequent speaker at national and international conferences and leads trainings throughout the world.
Tara Blasco, Ph.D.
Tara has a Ph.D in prenatal and perinatal psychology from the Santa Barbara Graduate Institute, and has worked at the BEBA clinic since 2001. Currently she is the director of the Beba clinic and works as a facilitator at the in person Ojai BEBA clinic as well as online with families all over the world. She is a certified craniosacral therapist. She is a psychologist in her country of origin, Spain. She is an approved Womb Surround Process Workshop facilitator through Castellino training. She co-teaches Dr. Castellino’s Foundation Training in Spain and in the US together with Mary Jackson. With her husband Lyn, she co-directs the non-profit organization Global Resource Alliance dedicated to the alleviation of poverty and disease by supporting communities in the Mara region of Tanzania.
CASTELLINO CERTIFIED WOMB SURROUND PROCESS WORKSHOPS in English
Facilitated by Lin Vermeiren – 13th till 15th of April 2023 in Girona
Facilitated by Mary Jackson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilitated by Tara Blasco Ph.D. in California and online: email@example.com
Facilitated by Carme Renalias: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.terapiacraneosacral.net